7/11/2011

Summer Project

So life seems to have settled down finally, so I'm getting back to some side projects. Most of my former projects from this year have been wrapped up, and I'll do a post later giving an update on all of them (I'm sure everyone is on the edge of their seat with suspense.

Right now I'm revamping and old model, affectionately called "Swashbuckler chick" or sbc for short. She is meant to be rigged and used in a kinect motion capture system a friend of mine is working on. Currently though, her upper body was not suitable to be rigged, the edge flow is terrible. So today my task was to improve it. Heres how I started:
























The main goal of this task is to have the pectoral geometry flow over the shoulder and into the back so it will deform properly. This is the result after a light afternoon of work.
























Mission accomplished! There needs to be some changed made to the form, but the massing model I used to create this mesh will make getting it back to the form I want fairly simple. I used a combination of the split polygon tool and collapse edges to get this result, and some techniques I learned from a gnomon disk way back in my first year, I believe it was high poly creature modeling?

I would like to add more muscle definition to the abdomen, however, it will work for now, and trust me, the face is in more need of immediate attention. But that's tomorrows task.

*model created in Maya 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment